Friday, May 29, 2015

Completed: Jenna Cardi

Last night,  it cooled off a bit after some thundershowers, I was able to get a few photos of my new Jenna Cardi. I can't tell you how much I love this pattern, it has many options for customizing.


This is my second version so far. For this one I chose the cropped length, 3/4 sleeves, and gathered yoke. I had thought before this design would be a good chance to use my embroidery machine, and I think the embroidery came out very well! I embroidered the design first then cut out my yoke pieces so the design would be right where I wanted it.


The fabric used is a navy blue ponte knit, and my buttons are standard white plastic buttons. I know there will be many more of these cardigans in the future, so other options will be snaps, and other embroidery designs. I think I'll make one in every color! I love cardigans, and since I don't knit this is the perfect solution.


My embroidery design is from none other than Urban Threads, my favorite source for embroidery files!! This design was only one from a design pack I bought called Toile Noir, it was so hard to decide which one to use. 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely cardigan! I think I have to sew some in different colours, too! SaSa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cardigan! First I thought the designs on the yoke pieces were a print :) This is really a great idea.

    ReplyDelete