Friday, May 22, 2015

Friday Roundup

Hi everyone! We are coming up to a relaxing 3 day weekend, Memorial Day. I guess it's time for me to finally do some yard work. The best time of the year is on it's way and the kids are looking forward to a summer of fun outside.

This week I kept on my plan of wearing handmade clothes every day! I also did a lot of sewing this week. This is the perfect time of year to do it. My sewing room isn't too hot or too cold. I finished a cardigan and a new dress is almost done, which I'll be showing off soon.

Friday:
Today was a theme day for Me Made May, Animals! I have plenty of those. I decided to pose with our puppy, Freya.

She's a German Shepherd mix, 4 months old. We found her through our local shelter, Canine Commitment. Lately she's in that adorable but exasperating devil phase where she gets into trouble non-stop. She's too cute to get angry with though. My dress is my Owl Belladone, completed last spring. I have 4 Belladones currently and it's a dress I keep returning to because it takes very little fabric, has fun contrasting bias tape, and a back cutout. I also love the skirt style, it's casual and flattering.

Thursday:

Wednesday:

Tuesday:
purple sateen Francoise dress 

Monday:
This is a "wearable test garment". I ran out of gauze fabric and had to get creative. The fit is good, so version 2 is in the works!

Sunday:
I'm digging purple lately. This is an Emery Dress made from a bed sheet. I like the fit on this one too. I'm going to make this one again soon too.

And finally...Saturday:
Colette Macaron, one of my favorite dresses of all time!

If you're still with me, I've learned I need some more casual clothes. I do like to wear dresses often, but I could use some good fitting jeans and pants. That would really round out my handmade wardrobe. I have made 2 cardigans this month as that was something else I was lacking. But it's time I put on my big girl pants and sew some pants. Dresses are so much fun to make, by fall I hope to have some pants. Then I can truly stay out of clothing stores!!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your roundup, I love your style and the colours you use. I would wait every day in May to see what you are wearing! With sewing, I am in the same situation having quite a lot of dresses now, but only a few trousers. The only ones sewn are papercut pants. Maybe we have to sew some Ginger Jeans?
    Have a nice weekend, SaSa

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi I have enjoyed looking at your sewing today what a discovery! I love your style and sense of colour often the patterns really come to life with your fabric choice, beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete