Friday, March 9, 2012

Colette Peony 1.0 finished


Hooray!  My first incarnation of the Colette Peony Dress is finished. 
This one is in a gray/black herringbone lightweight suiting fabric.


This pattern was easier than I thought, and I only had to make one adjustment.  The whole dress fit good except I had big time gaping at the back, so I took out my zipper and cut off the excess fabric from the upper back on either side of the zipper and it fits much better.  I made the adjustment to my pattern so my next version should fit well.  My ultimate goal for this dress is plaid. 
This dress looks "all business",  which I sort of like.  This would be good for any serious occasion, like meetings at the school.   I like excuses to dress up.


Here's the back. 
Overall I'm really happy I bought this pattern and I'll be making more Peonies in the future.


I actually got to take OUTDOOR photos!  It was windy but warm. 
C'mon Spring!!

4 comments:

  1. Your dress is gorgeous. Makes me want to try this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should definitely try it!

      Delete
  2. I followed the link here from the Colette flickr group. I just wanted to say that I love your version of peony. It works really well in the fabric you chose, the gray really sets off the color of your hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I can't wait to try more, maybe more spring-ish for the next one. :)

      Delete