Thursday, May 27, 2010

a skirt and a headband


As part of the "sewing for myself" theme, I finally drafted and made a skirt from Cal Patch's book. I'm glad to finally have tried one of the projects in the book, it's been on my to-do list for months (along with so so many other things). I have to confess that while I love the idea of drafting my own clothing patterns, and it really appeals to the goth teenager in me, I have such limited free-time to sew that I usually use store-bought or online patterns. I hope when my toddler is a bit older I can draft more clothing patterns. I haven't even used my dress form yet.


This is the new headband I made for myself. I love the retro vibe. I would like tons more of these! I have one similar in my shop and I was tempted to shoplift it from myself so I knew I needed to get busy making one.



That's it for today. It's been a busy week trying to keep the house in order. I hope everyone has a nice long weekend!! We are chick-sitting for one of Maura's friends who are going away. The kids are looking forward to having chicks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment