Thursday, May 13, 2010

more selfish sewing!

I really love messenger bags. This project has been on my to-do list for a long, long time. I decided in honor of Mother's Day I'd finally finish this one for myself. This is loosely based on the messenger bag from SEW WHAT Bags which I love, I really like all the sew what books.


And to replace my old falling-apart wristlet, so I don't lose my keys in that giant bag...
these are made with one of my favorite fabrics, August Fields by Amy Butler. I don't remember where I got it, It's been in my stash for over a year. I love this color combo!
Is it brown or plum, I still don't know! Inside I made a huge velcro pocket on one side to house all the diapering supplies and keep them out of my stuff, I'm pretty excited about Travis and I being able to share a bag peacefully.

1 comment:

  1. this is gorgeous! great job! i love it! i am in love with bags and think i may have to make a messenger bag for myself, too!!

    ReplyDelete