Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Tiramisu Dress Rescue in progress..

The last week or so I've been avoiding my sewing room. Here's why...

My miserable looking Tiramisu Dress!

I've made two attempts at making the bodice fit. I tossed my first try and started over. I still have this wrinkly weirdness at the under bust seam. I think it has to do with the gathers being wrong somehow. I've checked out the Flickr group for the Tiramisu sew along and it seems like the people who have this problem are the medium or small busted ladies. I'm average in the bust dept. so I started fiddling with this seam, and the more I adjusted the worse it looked!

Then I started to wish there were no gathers at all to mess me up. I mean it's a stretchy knit fabric anyway. I thought back to a top I had made from Jalie 2449 that fit really well. So instead of tossing my Tiramisu into the pajama drawer, I had the idea to combine those two patterns. That way I get the bodice I like on the really pretty Tiramisu circle skirt.

Here is the shirt alone, which I quickly made while I was kicking this idea around:

Here I made a chalk line at where I'd like to combine the bodice and skirt. I measured up 2.5 inches from the bottom waistband seam since that part is still pretty straight.

Snip, snip!

Snip snip here!

Surgery begins!

Then it was time to pick up Travis at school!
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment