Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sunny Day Laurel Dress

Well the sun has finally come to New Hampshire.  



Yesterday I had a fire going, it was raw and rainy, 40 degrees.  I used that time wisely and finished another Laurel Dress.  Today it was in the 70's and I got to wear it!  Hooray!!  

So I have to stand in the mud to have my photo taken, I'm not complaining!!


This version is in Voile by Anna Maria Horner, bought (on sale) at Pink Chalk Fabrics.
This time I used my self-drafted collar from my previous version.  I also used the keyhole opening idea from the Laurel Extras download (love that!!).  


This time instead of using pleats to shape the waist I drafted in two front darts.


I also used the underlining as suggested in the pattern, it worked very well.  I used a soft cotton and it compliments the voile very well.  This is going to get tons of wear this summer, it's very comfortable!


I got this second one done just in time to enter the Colette Laurel ContestThe Flickr group is full of great ideas for customizing this versatile pattern.

I'm having so much fun sewing for myself, I kind of flaked out on Kids Clothes Week.  Oops!!  I hear now they're actually having it four times a year though, so that's great news, and they have a new blog up and running!


4 comments:

  1. Love it and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love those colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy. I'm liking the colors too, I don't have anything else orange and green, that's for sure!

      Delete
  3. Both your Laurels are so beautiful, and they fit fantastically! You've really got a good eye for style, love the swallow detail on the other (happy to say it looks perfectly age appropriate!!)

    ReplyDelete