Monday, August 1, 2011

New toy, and a case for it!

My laptop crashed and died a few days ago. I can't believe it only lasted two and a half years!
Anyway it worked out pretty good for me because my wonderful husband just nonchalantly said, "Go out and get any computer you want".  The computer I wanted was the iPad 2. It was about the same cost as my last laptop, but much more fun!



I immediately knew I needed a cushy protector for it for when I take it out with me. Here's the quick quilted case I came up with this morning.



I measured my iPad and made a very basic lined quilted pouch with a Velcro flap.
This my favorite fabric right now, Alexander Henry, In The Kitchen. I got it from Hawthorne Threads.
A fun, easy case for my iPad.


I was in such a hurry I didn't think to write a tutorial. If I make another I'll be sure to take step by step photos. Maybe i'll even post more often now that I have a computer that plays nice with Blogger.


Also, if anyone has any iPad app suggestions, I'm all ears!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog! I love your iPad case that you made - and that Alexander Henry fabric is some of my favorite too, it's adorable. I'd love to see a tutorial for it! We have an older iPad, but I think that the case would still fit - it needs something fun to travel in! :-)

    As far as apps go, I love iBooks and the Kindle App because I love to read on mine, but there's one called Inspire Pro that's fun too (it's an art/doodling one). Enjoy your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant to say that I love your owl pillows too! I have seven(!) young nephews and am adding them to my list of ideas for birthdays, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the case you made. The quilting lines work perfectly with the fabric. I love it!

    ReplyDelete