Friday, July 29, 2011

Summer Reading Program - handmade prizes

Each summer our library has such a fun Summer Reading Program for our kids.  They plan tons of free events for families and kids like field trips, concerts, and craft activities.  The kids set a reading goal and try to reach it by the end of the program.  At the end there is a huge picnic where each family brings a dish to share and the kids all get a prize.  I try to donate some prizes each year because I know it must be costly for our little town library to have a prize for every child who participates. 


I realized a few days ago the deadline is the first week of August!

Here are a few of my handmade prizes this year:


pattern is Little Lizard King Crayon Roll


Monster softie - my own design


and my favorite this year:
Owly McPillowpants!

made from a pattern from the book Small Stash Sewing.  This guy is totally worth buying the book.  He is HUGE which you can't tell by looking at the picture.  He's about the size of a standard size bed pillow.

He's going to make a great reading buddy!
-----------------
Trying to finish your summer sewing to-do list?
Link up here with me!




2 comments:

  1. Wow, so many great handmade items! I really love that you are a mom to so many animals too! (because I'm a mom to 6 animals but no human kids-yet)

    That owl pillow is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that owl pillow! It just has so much personality! :-)

    ReplyDelete