Monday, May 14, 2012

Wiksten Tova Dress


I finally made my Wiksten Tova Dress, just in time for Mother's Day!  It turned out to be a beautiful day (and weekend!), perfect for this summer dress.


Fabric Used: navy and white poplin from Fashion Fabrics Club.  
After searching through the Wiksten Flickr Group for way too long one night looking at all different versions of this pattern, I decided on a short sleeved version with cuffs.
I had previously made a 3/4 sleeve version for my 15 year old daugther, Maura.
I have a feeling I'll be making this dress/shirt pattern again, it's very comfortable!  I can see why it's so popular.  
There was an excellent Tova sew along which I missed, but the posts have all kinds of great inspiration for anyone making this pattern.

the only photo that shows my new Timberland shoes.

Liam and Me


I hope all you Moms had a great Mother's Day yesterday!  We had such a fun weekend.  On Saturday we went to Canobie Lake Park.  Then on Sunday I did some sewing, put a blanket out in the yard and relaxed with the kids, and then had a very nice dinner at a restaurant.

Maura with the first snake of the season, Ronald.  He was tiny!  Maura's wearing the skirt I just finished for her, I can't seem to locate the pattern, but it's your basic See & Sew A Line skirt with a back zipper.
-------
Next up:  in search of the perfect skirt pattern!  Anyone found it?  Summer's right around the corner and I need skirts.

Don't forget to enter your skirts for Skirt Week 2012!

1 comment:

  1. The dress looks great on you! I really like the fabric and it looks nice with your haircolour.

    ReplyDelete