Monday, May 7, 2012

Switchin' up my sewing area

Previous sewing area:
On one hand, I loved having my sewing area in this sunny area of my room, as long as it looked this organized, which was never.  Notice my ironing board was neatly put away even! Ha!  This picture was when my house was for sale last summer.

I recently got a new Brother Coverstitch machine (yay!), and that was when my bedroom was officially taken over by my sewing studio.  So I moved everything into it's own room in my upstairs storage room. 
So this is the new set up.

Now at least I don't have to worry about cluttering up my bedroom with all this stuff, and if I'm in the middle of a project, okay several projects, I don't have to look at it all in my bedroom.

I even brought Travis' play table in so we could work side by side.

Storage
This is the dresser where I keep my favorite patterns, to left (unpictured) is another cabinet (a DVD cabinet) where I keep even more patterns.  It's a sickness.

So I've been using this room for a bit, and while I miss the natural light it seems to be working out fine.

Now I just need some ideas for what to do with this...
???



No comments:

Post a Comment