Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Nettie and Kelly - finished!

Can I just say that Heather Lou is 2 for 2 in my book. Last summer I bought and made her first pattern, the Bombshell Swimsuit and it's my favorite swimsuit ever. A few days ago she released her second pattern, the Nettie Bodysuit and it doesn't disappoint! I taped the pattern together yesterday and I have a perfect bodysuit today, even though I was distracted and had to stop what I was doing 50 times. Just like her first pattern, it's very well written and easy to follow. There is also a sew along coming up!
I probably won't stop until I have one in every color.


For my first bodysuit, I made the medium back option. This pattern comes with a ton of options. This is just the ticket for all my high-waist skirts that need a tucked in shirt. This fabric is cotton spandex from Girl Charlee, just the thing recommended in the pattern, and it worked out perfectly. I put this together only with the serger and overstitch machine except for the snap crotch. Super speedy project!


I'm wearing it with my Megan Nielsen Kelly Skirt. Actually the second Kelly I've made, that's how far behind I am posting these things. I love the skirt, it's like a sherbet pink color that makes me really happy. The fabric I used was stretch twill from Fashion Fabrics Club.


I'm liking participating in Me Made May this year because it gives me a kick to post these home-sewn outfits that I might otherwise have forgotten to show you.

Here was yesterdays' outfit:

A mash-up of the tiramisu dress and the Jalie crossover top in green interlock, made about a year ago.

And Sunday's:

A Megan Nielsen cropped Briar Top in orange interlock that I made last fall.

2 comments:

  1. Love the neckline on the bodysuit, and the color of the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look great- I love your Nettie, I think I need about 10 of those :) Found your blog through the Pink Chalk newsletter!

    ReplyDelete