Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Where was I in June? Sprucing up the house!

I've been busy, busy the last few weeks, but not sewing!! 
I have however gotten to some of my projects around the house and yard. 
We decided to put our property on the market.  A few years ago my husband, Jim, went from working from home to having an hour and a half (one-way) commute.  We are however totally aware that this is a bad time to sell, so if we need to stay here that's really fine with us.  We really do love it here.

 
This is from the front.  If you didn't guess, our house is very old!  We think maybe even pre-Revolutionary war.  The floors look like the floors on the USS Constitution!

So I thought I'd show you what I've been doing this month, even if it isn't sewing related!! 


In the kitchen, I repainted the cabinets.
 
Repainted the upstairs and downstairs hallway and sitting room.

Painted the upstairs office, shown here with my resident video gamer.

The upstairs bathroom finally got painted!

my sewing area nice and organized (and neglected!)

repainted the red on the stairs, very careful not to splash the rug!

I even got Maura to clean up her room!  Wow!

And cleaned out the barn.

Also did a TON of landscaping/gardening/weeding!

Pool clean and blue, check!

I'm glad I got so much done
All while this guy was plotting against me...


He's trying like crazy to give up his nap!  Little bugger!!

So I didn't blog at all for the whole month of June, but I'm still here.  I also neglected to post about my completely unbelievable SKIRT WEEK WIN!  So that's up next.  I want to show what I'm doing and planning to do with some of my free patterns and fabric.

1 comment:

  1. Just found you on Sugar Bee - LOVE your home! I am near Boston...nice to see a fellow New England Blogger/Crafter/Sewer!

    ReplyDelete